A student’s resource specialist or special day class teacher is his/her Case Manager. Here is what to expect from a Case Manager:
- Supports the student to meet his/her IEP goals and graduation requirements
- Oversees IEP assessments and development with the IEP team
- Communicates and collaborates with general education staff including teachers, counselors and administration, regarding a students needs
- Communicates with parents regarding the IEP and the student’s progress by phone, email or meetings.
- Provides input and assists students with course scheduling