There are many ways parents can help out at Tamiscal. Whether you have time, talent, skills, services or cash, we can use your assistance! Here are some of the ways you can help:
Print out our PDF form* and mail or fax it to the school office. Opportunities include:
– Committee Parent Reps (there are a number of committees)
– Office help
– …and much more!
*To download and print the form, you’ll need Acrobat Reader, available free from Adobe.
Tamiscal Fund: This fund is needed to defer costs for the following “extras:”
– The Tamiscal Directory, sent to all school families
– The newsletter, Tamiscal Times, sent to all families
– Tamiscal’s yearbook, The Opus
– Food and lodging at the school retreat on Mount Tam
– Tamiscal’s Art Program
– Art supplies for student project-based learning
– Refreshments for Back-to-School Night, STAR test week, Open House, Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, and the year-end student BBQ.
Extras for the new campus:
– Landscaping (labor, plants or ??)
– Kitchen supplies
– Outdoor furniture
Snacks for students: It’s nice for students to have something to snack on at school during the day. Drop any of the following off at school, anytime!
– Cup of Noodles
– Fresh fruit
– Beverages (cocoa, tea, instant soup)
– Money to purchase any of the above
Enroll in eScrip/Schoolpop: Fast and easy, these are truly painless ways to contribute funds. Register for these programs, and every time you shop for groceries, buy gas, or patronize one of the eScrip or Schoolpop merchants, a percentage of the sale is donated to Tamiscal—by the merchant! You can register online:
– eScrip: for shopping around town, on vacation, or using a registered credit card.
– Schoolpop: for online shopping (especially great around the holidays)
– Book Passage, Corte Madera: When buying books online, use the link at left. If you buy at the store, just mention Tamiscal when you make your purchase, and they will give back 5% of your total to Tamiscal!
If your student is new to Tamiscal, and you’ve registered for one of these programs before, make sure that your designated school is TAMISCAL, not your student’s previous school—you can change your designated school online, too.
Please help now by making a donation, signing up for eScrip or Schoolpop and volunteering. Donations may be earmarked for a specific purpose if you wish. All funds are administered through Tamiscal’s Advisory Committee, composed of parents, teachers, staff and students. With your help and generosity, the Tamiscal community will have a wonderfully productive year!
Julie Gannon, Parent Volunteer Coordinator
Renee Glenn & Sue Woods, Main Office Staff
Corbett Elsen, Principal