ATHLETICS - College-Bound Athletes
There is an opportunity for many TUHSD student-athletes to play collegiate athletics; whether that be locally or nationally, DI, DII or DIII, whether scholarship, walk-on or intramural. See your high school counselor for information about the specific courses at your school that will qualify for initial eligibility at the college(s) of your choice. NCAA required coursework will change for the Class of 2016. Please double check early.
** Get Ahead of the Curve: Check of these steps as you work your way towards eligibility.
9th & 10th:
- Take a rigorous college prep course load and do your best throughout the four years.
- Attend open houses and take unofficial visits.
- Take prep courses for the ACT and SAT.
- Take the PSAT and/or the PLAN to prepare for standardized tests.
- Register with NCAA & NAIA Eligibility Centers before the junior year is completed.
- Send your transcripts at the end of the junior year. This needs to be done in order to take an official visit.
- Start working on college essays during the summer for your applications.
- Take both SAT and ACT.
- Prepare yourself for admissions interviews.
- Complete Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and start FAFSA paperwork.
- Consider early decision applications are due November 1st through November 15th.
- FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible on or after January 1st.
- Complete NCAA amateurism questionnaire after April 1st.
- Final deposit is due May 1st.
- Send final transcript and proof of graduation to both Eligibility Centers.
These are links to the three national organizations that govern intercollegiate athletics: